1. Give a verbal compliment (say “thanks for …”; tell them, “I’m glad you are part
of the team.”)
2. Write an email (“I just wanted to let you know …; “It is really helpful to me
when you ….”)
3. Stop by and see how your colleague is doing. Spend a few minutes just chatting
and checking in on them.
4. Do something together with your co-worker (like eating together.)
5. Do a small task for someone spontaneously (hold open the door, offer to carry
6. Stop by their workspace and see if they need any help getting something done.
7. Buy them coffee, a drink, a snack or dessert.
8. Get them a magazine related to an area of interest they have (sports, hobbies,
a place they would like to visit.)
9. Give them a “high five” when they have completed a task (especially one that has
been challenging or they have been working on a while).
10. Greet your colleague warmly, with a smile and a
handshake. (Say something like “It’s good to see you!”; “How is
your day going?”)